Saturday, July 2, 2011

fourth of july layer cake

Happy Fourth of July weekend! I have been anxiously awaiting this weekend so I could bake this cake. I didn't follow the recipe at all, but I adapted the idea from her blog. I'm not a fan of buttercream frosting, so I substituted cream cheese frosting. I have never made a four layer cake, and this required sooooo much patience, which was tough on me. But, overall, I'm pretty happy with my end results!
{amateur frosting skills + new cake stand}

7 comments:

  1. Great job! It looks so delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks great! I can only imagine how much patience that took! And I love your new cake stand! I've been looking for one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH!!!!! I WANT TO MAKE THIS FOR TONIGHT!!!! So dang cute...

    xo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, that looks amazing! Yum x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious ! I hope that you had a great 4th July ! Check out : http://nothinlasts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete