Wednesday, June 8, 2011

baked zucchini fries

I have never been a huge fan of french fries. Mainly because they are always so over-salted, that I just can't stand it. I hate salty foods. I love sweet potato fries, and had actually been thinking about making some until I found this recipe, and quickly changed my mind. I didn't have italian-style Panko bread crumbs, so I used what I had on hand (plain, original Panko), and seasoned with salt, pepper, and grated parmesan cheese. These fries are so easy to make, and way healthier than your everyday over-salted french fry. (Yes, I watch what I eat, though this blog probably doesn't make it appear that way). It's probably un-American to say this, but I hate ketchup. For the dipping sauce, I used plain goat cheese. It might sound weird, but goat cheese and zucchini go amazingly together. Pretty a much guilt-free fry!
{I'm really wanting a better quality camera!}

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE zucchini anything! Fried, baked, sauteed, you name it! These look soo delicious. I actually had some today {fried}, I dip them in ranch and parmesan cheese. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh love zucchini! Just made zucchini bread! That pie below looks awesome too!

    xx

    http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete