Sunday, July 1, 2012

guiltless protein cheesecake.

Yesterday I got home from a vacation with my boyfriend and his family from Destin, Florida. We had a great time, I miss it already, but eating healthy on the vacation proved to be a huge challenge. I am so happy to be home and back on my regular healthy eating schedule! As I discussed in my last post, I have taken on the vegetarian lifestyle. Becoming a vegetarian has really opened my eyes and has made me even more aware of what I put in my body. I am really trying very hard to eat clean, and my boyfriend is even on board with eating clean as well. I love the way I feel when I eat healthy, but I still have a major sweet tooth. Recently, I found the blog Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth and have fallen in love{check it out!!}. I found this recipe & used it as my base. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this dessert turned out, and it definitely fulfilled my sweet tooth for the evening. My picture is not that great {clearly no professional food photographer here}, it's from my iphone/instagram (@taylorannd).


Filling:
  • 6 oz Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1 TBS Sugar Free Jello Mix, Cheesecake Flavor
Crust:
  • 1/2 C Uncle Sam Original bran/flax cereal.
  • 1/4 TSP Stevia
  • 1 TBS Almond Butter
  • 4 TBS Water
The most ignorant thing I have ever heard anyone say is... "If it's good for you, it won't taste good, and if it tastes good, it won't be healthy for you." This statement is so not true! So don't be afraid to try new/healthy recipes. Your body will love you for it, and you will feel a million times better.

No comments:

Post a Comment