Monday, May 2, 2011

baked caprese

Lately, I'm obsessed with MAC lipstick/lipglass (colors: gotta dash, ultra darling, and pink lemonade), rose gold colored watches, Essie Nail Polish (colors: fiji, french affair, and van d' go), Kate Spade, and this amazing recipe for Baked Caprese Salad by Giada. Giada is definitely one of my favorites, and when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. Italian food is by far my favorite, which is probably the reason I love Giada so much. This recipe is super easy and quick, and not to mention... delicious. It's the perfect appetizer!

Next time I'm going to substitute goat cheese for the mozzarella. I'm a huge fan of goat cheese and I am positive it will be just as amazing.

You Will Need:
1 loaf baguette (french bread also works), cut into 1/2 inch slices
1/4 c olive oil
5 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 1/4 pounds mozzarella, sliced
1 bunch fresh basil leaves, stemmed (optional)
salt and pepper for seasoning

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush baguette slices with olive oil, sprinkle with salt (as desired). Bake for about 5 minutes or until bread is golden. Top each slice with tomato and a mozzarella slice. Place back in oven until mozzarella and tomato are warmed, about another 5 minutes. For garnish, top each loaf with basil and sprinkle with a little more olive oil. Enjoy!


Find the original recipe here!

No comments:

Post a Comment